TabsLock lets you use your Caps Lock key to launch and focus a new Google Chrome tab from anywhere, even if Chrome isn’t running. This allows low-thought, global keyboard access to web search and navigation.
- Holding the Shift key while you press CapsLock will allow you to engage or disengage CapsLock normally.
- CapsLock lovers, this is not for you.
- TabsLock runs in the System Tray in the bottom-right of your screen – right clicking on the icon will allow you to control it.
- If you wish to launch Chrome with a custom command line, create a desktop shortcut named ‘chromespace’ with the properties you want. If this file does not exist, TabsLock will then use the ‘Google Chrome’ desktop shortcut, and failing that, the installed exe.
- Apple builds a 250ms CapsLock delay into the hardware of its newer keyboards, ensure you keep CapsLock down for at least that long.